Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Margaritas!

This week's TCP Tuesday challenge is a sketch designed by the super talented Leigh. The sketch includes a pair of fun banner thingies that initially threw me for a loop, so I can't wait to see how everyone else interprets them!

I know that Labor Day signifies the "unofficial" end of summer, but I couldn't resist one more summery card featuring a refreshing beverage. I pulled out my Salud! set and used that partying penguin as my focal image. He's colored with Copic markers and his hat is popped up with a little foam tape.

For a warm, citrus-y feel, I used both sides of a piece of My Mind's Eye designer paper on the cardfront. The zig-zag pattern has a festive feel, doesn't it? The tiny pennants above the image panel are made from notch-ended strips cut with the long pennant included with the CutUps Easy Rosette die. I trimmed off a little of the die cut strip, embossed it with a dotted pattern, and scored the strip so I could fold it around a straight pin with a yellow pearl decorative tip. The "margaritas" sentiment strip sits across the bottom of the image panel using foam tape.
Some orange grosgrain ribbon is wrapped around the bottom of the card and tied in a big bow in keeping with the festive theme I have going on.

I hope you'll join the Cat Pack and give the sketch a try--I'd love to see other ideas for the banner elements in this sketch! Upload your project to the guestbook on Alma's blog so you can be in the running for both this week's Cat Cash prize and the chance to be named September's Swanky Stamper. And for more inspiration, stop by Alma's blog this week for links to the Cat Pack's creations based on this sketch.

Materials Used:
Salud! stamp set, Neenah White cardstock, Versafine Onyx Black ink, CutUps Easy Rosette die (The Cat's Pajamas); Sweet Mango cardstock (Gina K Designs); Harvest Gold carstock (Papertrey Ink); Memento Tangelo ink (Tsukineko); Lime Twist-Fly a Kite "Spring" Zag designer paper (My Mind's Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); orange grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); straight pins; foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips