Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Thanking You

Here's my card for this week's Waltzingmouse sketch challenge. I used the Cameo to Go set to create a pretty cameo for a focal image, stamping the frame in a vivid pink and the cameo in gray, then layering the image on a pair of die cut ovals. I dotted on some Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls to make a tiny strand of pearls around the neck of the cameo image--the dots aren't as even as I would have liked, but Chloe the cutie puppy was approaching the table and I needed to be quick so she didn't bump my steady hand with her nosy face . . . My cameo is set on a striped panel that's assembled on a piece of gray cardstock that's layered on a bright pink card base. I used two different patterns from Echo Park's Be Mine Collection Kit for the strips on the panel, picking pink and gray to match my cameo.

Once everything was arranged evenly, I used watermark ink to stamp the "thanking you" sentiment and heat embossed it in black. I was worried that stamping the sentiment in black ink wouldn't be enough to have it stand out against the bold pattern, so embossing seemed like a good route to go. After embossing the sentiment, I put the cameo in place and added a silver bow at the top for one final girly touch.

And a thank you is in order, as my birthday banner tag for last week's sketch challenge was selected for a Top Mouse award. Thanks to the Waltzingmouse Stamps Mischief Makers and Design Team for highlighting my project. It's easy to create great projects with stamps like these!

Materials Used:
Cameo to Go stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Basic Gray and Melon Mambo inks, Basic Gray and Melon Mambo cardstock, black embossing powder (Stampin' Up!); Bubblegum Pink cardstock (Gina K Designs); Be Mine Collection Kit (Echo Park); oval and scalloped oval dies (Spellbinders); gray satin ribbon (Target); Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls (Ranger); Bow Easy

6 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous, Lori! I love the color scheme and the touches of silver with your beautiful cameo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The silver on your card really makes it pop, but that girly bow is my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great cameo card using the WMS sketch! love the colors and the sweet pearl necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the colours and the wonderful elegance of your card - the little necklace is such a sweet accent!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super gorgeous card, Lori! Thanks for playing with the Mischief Makers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, this is so pretty! I love pink and gray combination. Glad to see you playing along with us again at Waltzingmouse! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips