Saturday, September 10, 2011

Smartie

For this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge I went with a back to school theme using the sweet Pure Innocence Book in Hand set for my focal image. Paired with some funky argyle paper (always makes me think of school for some reason!), she’s ready to encourage any student.

I colored the girl with Copic markers to coordinate with the colors in the two My Mind’s Eye Lime Twist papers I used for the panels underneath the image. The colored image is set on a red mat, then over the patterned paper panels. A red ribbon runs across the cardfront, accented with a silver wooden star.

Lots of the sentiments included in the Pure Innocence sets work with other sets, so it’s easy to mix and match them. That’s what I did here, using the “you’re such a smartie!” sentiment from the Emma’s Backpack set along the bottom of the card on a gray strip. Originally, the sentiment was stamped directly on the patterned paper, but the polka dots swallowed it up, so I went with Plan B, as you see here . . .

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Book in Hand and Emma’s Backpack stamp sets (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Poppy Parade and Basic Gray cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Lime Twist-Out of the Blue 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); petite oval dies (Spellbinders); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); wooden star (Hobby Lobby)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips