Thursday, October 6, 2011

Happy Day

If you know me, you know I can’t resist a cute bunny image. So, this little Winter Bunny from Lawn Fawn is one of my favorites and now that there’s starting to be a chill in the air, I can use it again. I made this card featuring the sledding bunny for this week’s Lawnscaping challenge to use dimension. It uses this week’s Clean and Simple Stamping sketch—its large panel was perfect for the snowy scene I envisioned in my mind.

I made the winter scene on a blue panel sprayed with a little Summer Sky Fireworks. Fireworks are new shimmer sprays from Tsukineko—they match their Memento inks! The snowy hills are made from two torn strips of shimmery white cardstock. A scalloped gray strip, cut with an Edgeabilities die, adds interest to the bottom of the panel.

I stamped the sledding bunny image over the scene, then stamped the image again on a piece of white cardstock. I colored the image in and cut it out, then used dimensional dots to place it on the scene. For fun, I covered the tail with a little white flock to make a cottontail.

I layered a patterned paper strip featuring the same reds and blues as in my scene across the red card base, then added the image panel. I didn’t have a wintery sentiment that would fit in the sentiment panel at the top of the image, so I created my own by selectively stamping part of the “happy Valentine’s day” sentiment from the My Silly Valentine set in red.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Lawn Fawn Winter Bunny and My Silly Valentine stamp sets, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Lady Bug inks, Summer Sky Fireworks, Copic markers (C00, C-1, C-3, C-5, E25, E31, E33, R12, R22, R24, R27); Spellbinders Classic Scallop Edgeabilities dies, Lily Bee Designs Harvest Market 6x6 paper pad, Stampendous white flock, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Real Red, Bashful Blue, Basic Gray, and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!)

4 comments:

  1. Wow Lori......this is very cute card... I love the colors, the design is perfect too. Thank u for playing at Lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this scene. It is fabulous. Love the border, the fun patterned paper.. Your coloring! It rocks. Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love winter bunny too, and I'm looking forward to getting him inked up. Your card is a great way to bring him out again. Love the colors, layout and snowy background :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips