Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thankful Thoughts

This week’s Our Craft Lounge challenge theme is "fall foliage." The leaf images in the new Simply Fall set were a perfect fit for this one!

I picked three fall colored patterned paper scraps and arranged them on an orange panel. The panel’s set on a kraft card base, flush with the right side of the card.

I found two more coordinating paper scraps and stamped one of the leaf images from the Simply Fall set on them. After cutting them out, I used foam tape to set them on a kraft circle. It looked unbalanced with just two leaves, so I stamped the "thankful thoughts" sentiment from the Fall Sunflower set on a mustard strip and set it so that the end filled in the open space next to the leaves. A little paper piercing on the opposite end of the strip adds some interest without adding any more to the busy card.

Be sure to join us for OCL’s weekly challenge. This week's challenge ends tonight, but a new challenge starts every Friday—and there are stamps up for grabs as a prize!

Materials Used:
Simply Fall and Fall Sunflower stamp sets (Our Craft Lounge); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, and More Mustard cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Lime Twist-Out of the Blue 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love the colors/paper patterns you picked. Great layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this, Lori! Gives me a GREAT idea for something I need to work on tonight!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips