Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hi, Pumpkin

***Scroll down to the post below for my "official" Color Throwdown post!***

Here’s another card using this week’s Color Throwdown colors--Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, and Basic Black. This one’s based on this week’s SCS sketch challenge. I had this little Pure Innocence cutie already colored up and she was a perfect fit for the sketch and the colors—which is a good thing since I’m short on crafty time today since I had to give an evening presentation to a community group after work. She is just too cute to not find her way onto a card!

The girl and pumpkin are colored with Copic markers. I set her on a cardfront covered with patterned papers that match this week’s CTD colors. A piece of olive grosgrain ribbon at the seam between the two patterned papers adds a little texture to the design. I added the “Hi, pumpkin” sentiment on a circle in the open space underneath the pumpkin.


Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Li'l Pumpkin and Heart Stripes stamp sets (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (?); olive grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); circle punches (EK Success); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips