Friday, October 7, 2011

So Happy

Here’s a quick card for the current Market Street Stamps Paint the Town color challenge. I went with a slightly more muted version of the challenge colors, but I think they’re still close enough to count!

I used the tulip image from the So Happy set as my focal image. It’s set on a panel of chevron patterned paper that serves as a sky backdrop. I stamped the flower part on a scrap of cream cardstock and cut it out, then used a dimensional dot to attach it to the panel. The little leaf on the stem was paper pieced for contrast with the patterned background.

I made the grass strip with a border punch. Some baker’s twine wrapped around the strip gives it a little texture. I set the little scene on a coral mat, then attached it to a cream panel. I positioned the scene to leave more space on the bottom so I could stamp the sentiment beneath it in green ink. The clouds were a last-minute add on. They were already cut and sitting on my table, so I added them to the mix.

Don’t forget about the Birthday Bash going on at i {heart} papers! You can use the discount code 3bdayDT to receive a 20% discount on your purchase—including sets from Market Street Stamps. The code expires at the end of the day, so hurry up and shop!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Market Street Stamps So Happy stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Bamboo Leaves ink, My Mind’s Eye Six by Six Away We Go paper pad, Divine Twine Green Apple baker’s twine, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Melon Berry ink, Melon Berry cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Pear Pizzazz and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); CutUps Cloud Border die (The Cat’s Pajamas); grass border punch (Martha Stewart); white felt

5 comments:

  1. I'm loving that chevron sky. Way to rock this color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Lori! The scene is just gorgeous. I love the added cloud there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love that chevron pattern behind that sweet bloom :) Great job with the colors at Market Street Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips