Friday, November 18, 2011

Best Wishes

Here’s my card for this week’s Waltzingmouse sketch challenge. I tried my hand at turning the simple sketch into something somewhat elegant.

I used the dress form from You’re Lovely as my focal image. I stamped it in on white cardstock and colored the bottom and top with Copic markers and filled in the “center” with the matching solid image stamp inked with a pale pink ink. After cutting it out and adding a nice coating of glitter to the bottom edge, I used foam tape to adhere the dress form to a pink dotted panel.

The panel is layered on a rose panel for contrast, then set on a pale pink panel. It’s hard to see in the photo, but I randomly stamped the set’s swirl images over the paper in a light pink ink before layering on the panel. The organdy ribbon (rescued from my scrap pile!) is threaded underneath the dress form and wrapped around the pink panel. I gathered it at the dress form’s side using a piece of linen thread and secured it with a tiny pink button. The “best wishes” sentiment from the Say It Loud Winter Holiday set is stamped on a dainty pink tag and attached underneath the button. With the way this turned out, I think this one would make a nice card for a birthday or even a bridal shower.

Materials Used:
You’re Lovely and Say It Loud Winter Holiday stamp sets (Waltzingmouse Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black and Angel Pink inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Regal Rose Classic ink, Regal Rose and Blushing Bride cardstock, white organdy ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin’ Up!); Tutu Pink designer paper (BoBunny); Tiny Tags die (Papertrey Ink); linen thread (The Cat’s Pajamas); foam tape

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful coloring on the dress form Lori! love the pinks and sheer ribbon! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very pretty, love the pink on pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pinks of your card and your coloring is great! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, love the sweet pink colours, and the dress form looks fab with your colouring too, gotgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So girly girl! It's just the perfect pink card, Lori! Love the simple dress form all colored like that with the lovely dotted background and wispy ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips