Monday, November 21, 2011

Celebrate the Season

Last year, I die cut a big pile of white felt doves to use on my holiday cards. I guess I lost track somewhere along the way, because I still have a pile of them left over. One leftover got put to use today on my card for today’s SCS clean and simple challenge to make a winter or holiday card.

My original plan was to create a reverse mask and do a little heat embossing and sponging, but I was in a time crunch after work (rainy weather=heavy traffic=late and wet walk for Chloe the cutie puppy=less stamping time), so I went with Plan B instead. I used a snowflake impression plate on a panel of shimmery blue cardstock rather than doing any heat embossing. The textured panel is set on a navy mat, then on a white card base.

I stamped the "celebrate the season" sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Holiday Tree set in silver ink on a blue strip, then attached the strip over the panels. I added the felt dove to the panel at the end of the sentiment strip. From start to finish, this one took less than 15 minutes--glad something has gone quickly and smoothly today!

Materials Used:
Night of Navy cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Holiday Tree stamp set, Double Ended Banner die and Peace Be Still die collection, Snowflake impression plate (Papertrey Ink); white cardstock (Xerox); blue shimmery paper (Target); Encore Silver ink (Tsukineko); blue crystal (Recollections); white felt

2 comments:

  1. I love simple, striking cards and this definitely is one of those! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Lori! I love the impressed background and the dove!

    Hope you're doing well and hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips