Monday, November 21, 2011

Simple Warm Wishes

There's something about a cute mitten image that I just can't resist. That explains how the WPlus9 Winter Wishes set found its way to my house. I took one of the pairs of mittens out for a test run using this week's Clean and Simple Stamping sketch.

I paired the mittens with a fresh, non-traditional holiday color scheme for a fun look and feel. I stamped the Fair Isle patterned mittens in red ink on a white circle, then added the string that keeps them together in gray. The panel is set on a red circle, then layered on a pale pink panel.

I stamped one of the set's holiday sentiments on a narrow gray strip using white pigment ink. After attaching a silver brad to each end of the strip, I layered it on to the card, covering the bottom of the image panel.

Love how this one turned out! You may just be seeing this stamp set (and this color combination!) again soon . . .

Materials Used:
Winter Wishes stamp set (WPlus9); Rhubarb Stalk ink (Tsukineko); Fresh Snow ink (Papertrey Ink); Basic Gray ink, Blushing Bride, Cherry Cobbler, Basic Gray, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); circle dies (Spellbinders); silver brads (Making Memories)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips