Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What's Cookin' ?

Here’s my card for this week’s Kraftin’ Kimmie challenge. I used the sketch along with the Moonlight Whispers Agnes image--I thought the cooking theme was appropriate with the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday!

Agnes is colored with Copic markers to match the shades of reds and blues in the three different papers from Lily Bee Design’s Harvest Market collection that I used on the card. I’m trying to improve my hair coloring skills and I think I’m a little happier with how the hair on this image turned out than I usually am. The “what’s cookin’?” sentiment is stamped in the open space next to the image with the help of my stamp positioning tool.

I mixed and matched the paper panels a few times before deciding on the arrangement you see here. I used the boldest print to cover most of the cardfront, then a coordinating dotted piece with a smaller scale pattern for the circle behind the image, and a distressed blue solid piece for the strip across the cardfront. A piece of red grosgrain ribbon I found on my table breaks up the solid blue a bit. It’s actually dotted on one side, but the dots were too distracting, so I flipped it over to the reverse side. After matting the colored image on a blue panel, I set it over the panels and ribbon. I debated adding a button or two as an embellishment, but in the end, decided against it with all of the busy patterns.

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Agnes stamp set (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Poppy Parade and Marina Mist cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Harvest Market Tiny Tablet (Lily Bee Design); circle dies (Spellbinders); red grosgrain ribbon (?)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips