Saturday, November 19, 2011

Cold Hands Warm Heart

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. With the sudden cold turn that the weather's taken around here, I pulled out the wintery Emma Celebrates the Season set for my card.

I colored Emma with Copic markers, then added a coating of white flock to her hat, muff, and boots. Love the little bit of texture the flock adds! I used two coordinating papers from Lily Bee Design's winter holiday line for the two main panels on the cardfront. The colors are a little non-traditional and I really like their muted look and feel. I accented the papers with a kraft scalloped strip, topped with some cranberry grosgrain ribbon.

The set's "cold hands warm heart" sentiment is stamped on a piece of a Labels 4 die cut cut from kraft cardstock and slipped under the edge of the image panel. I'm notorious for my cold hands, so this sentiment really strikes a chord with me! A felt die cut snowflake with a button center sits at the bottom of the image panel for a final wintery touch.

Materials Used:
Emma Celebrates the Season stamp set, Die-namics Snowflake Trio die (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black and Rhubarb Stalk inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Cranberry Crisp and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Jingle designer papers (Lily Bee Design); Labels 4 die (Spellbinders); felt (Papertrey Ink); cranberry grosgrain ribbon, red button (Michaels); kraft baker's twine (Timeless Twine)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips