Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Color Throwdown Continued . . .

Here’s my card for this week’s SCS sketch challenge. I made a clean and simple wintery greeting card combining the sketch with this week’s Color Throwdown colors—I told you in my post this morning that I love this color combination! If you missed it, be sure to scroll down to the post below to see my other card using Baja Breeze, Old Olive, and Crumb Cake.

I used the tall snowman image from the Paper Smooches Swanky Snowdudes set as my focal image. I colored the image a bit with Copic markers, then cut it out. The snowman’s buttons are made from tiny clear crystals that I colored with a Copic marker to match my card’s color scheme.

The blue panel is embossed with a snowflake pattern. The raised flakes were lightly rubbed with a shimmery white ink pad for a sparkly look. The “warm thoughts” sentiment from the Sentiment Sampler set is stamped on an olive crosshatch patterned paper strip that stretches across the panel. After setting the paper panels on a kraft card base, I added my colored snowman image with dimensional dots. Too cute!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Swanky Snowdudes and Sentiment Sampler stamp sets, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (BG0000, YG21, YG95, YR15, E40,E41, E42), Authentique Free Bird-Comfort & Familiar 6x6 paper pad, KaiserCraft clear crystals, Lifestyle Crafts Snowflake embossing folder, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Baja Breeze and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Brilliance Moonlight White ink (Tsukineko)

2 comments:

  1. adorable card, love the snowman and the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this CAS card, too. that snowman is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips