Thursday, November 3, 2011

Something for Everyone

I finished up the final three Viva la Verve sketches for October. In the three cards, you'll find a mix of feminine and masculine and a variety of occasions represented--something for just about everyone!

This pretty feminine card is for week 3’s sketch. Once I decided to replace one of the circles with a die cut shape (to be determined by the sentiment), the card came together quickly.

I used the “just be” sentiment from the Words of Wisdom set for one of the circle panels, stamping it in rose ink and layering it on a lighter pink panel. I used a pair of die cut felt hearts in place of the other circle. The pieces are set on a floral patterned paper strip. The strip’s matted with rose cardstock and accented with a pale pink strip that I die cut using the CutUps Circus Border die from The Cat’s Pajamas. After tying a pink satin ribbon around the bottom of the patterned paper panel, I set it on a blue panel. The blue panel is matted on a pale pink panel, then set on a rose card base.

Materials Used:
Words of Wisdom stamp set (Verve); Regal Rose Classic ink, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Fine & Dandy-Tickled Pink 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); CutUps Heart Trio and Circus Border dies (The Cat’s Pajamas); pink satin ribbon (Michaels); Bow Easy; felt


This card was made as a retirement card for one of my colleagues. I thought that the “wishing you all the best” sentiment from the Kind Words set was a nice one for the occasion.

I used the set’s flower pair as the focal image, inking the flowers in a pale purple and the stems in green. Using the small Memento ink pads to made this pretty easy to do. They’re stamped on a white panel with room for the sentiment above and to the side.

I used a green and purple patterned paper to cover most of the pale green card base. For the strip along the left side of the card, I layered two shades of green, then added the image panel over that. I kept the embellishments simple, adding a pair of pearls to the flower centers and a petite deep purple satin bow at the bottom of the image panel.

Materials Used:
Kind Words stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Lulu Lavender, Bamboo Leaves, and Grape Jelly inks (Tsukineko); Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss, and Royal Velvet cardstock, Pacific Vineyard patterned paper, Royal Velvet satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); circle dies (Spellbinders); self-adhesive pearls (Spellbinders)


And, since my first two cards were super feminine, I decided to go with a masculine look for my final card.

I went super clean and simple here, using color blocking to add interest on this birthday card. I picked three solid cardstock strips from my scrap piles and adhered them to the kraft card base. They’re machine stitched around the edges to add a little interest.

The focal image is the “big wish” sentiment from the Big Wish set. It’s stamped in blue ink and accented with a die cut cork star. After setting a piece of brown corduroy ribbon across the center of the card, I added the sentiment panel using foam tape so it would lie nicely over the thick corduroy. The texture of the cork and corduroy elements adds detail and interest to the design while still keeping it masculine.

Materials Used:
Big Wish stamp set (Verve Stamps); Enchanted Evening ink (Papertrey Ink); Not Quite Navy, Pear Pizzazz, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); oval and star dies (Spellbinders); brown corduroy ribbon (Hobby Lobby); sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips