Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thanks Chickie

Here's my quick, clean and simple card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this card that also uses a sentiment stamped with an outline text font.

I used the large open line "thanks" image from the Paper Smooches Chit Chat set as my focal image, stamped in black ink on a white panel. I colored each letter a different color using a big pile of Copic markers. The word "chickie" from one of the sentiments in the Chubby Chums set is stamped underneath the colored text.

I found a small bird in the Hang Ups set and stamped it straddling the "t" and the "h," then colored it in. I used my ScorBuddy to make a simple embossed frame along the panel's edges before layering it on a black panel, then on a bright yellow card base.

I'm off to enjoy the (relatively) warm afternoon at the dog park with Chloe the cutie puppy. It's so dark by the time I get home from work that we haven't been able to get there much lately!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Chit Chat, Chubby Chums, and Hang Ups stamp sets, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (YG01, YG13, YG25, B00, B01, B02, B04, BV00, BV01, BV02, YR15, Y35, R12, R14, R17, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y18), Scor Buddy

other:
Daffodil Delight and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips