Sunday, December 11, 2011

I Thought of You

Here's my card for this week's SCS featured stamper challenge. My new Heartfelt Mix set from WPlus9 just arrived and it was perfect for recreating a sort of Valentine's Day version of this clean and simple design that features a single hanging Christmas stocking.

I started by drawing a frame for the images. I'm not so great with a ruler, so I cut a piece of cardstock to the size frame I wanted and traced around it with a fine tip pen to fill in the frame. I left the bottom of the frame open until after I stamped the sentiment, then I went back and completed the box.

To keep the clothesline-like image within the confines of the frame, I attached sticky notes to the outline, then stamped the image. I "hung" two of the set's heart images from the line, stamping them on scrap paper and cutting them out, then attaching them to the line with foam tape. The thinking of you sentiment is stamped in red to match the hearts. Easy to recreate--and with switching out the sentiment and/or colors, great for lots of different occasions!

Materials Used:
Heartfelt Mix stamp set (WPlus9); Memento Tuxedo Black and Lady Bug inks (Tsukineko); white cardstock (Xerox); fine tip pen (Copic); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips