Monday, December 12, 2011

Shimmery Season's Greetings

Here's my card for this week's CAS-ual Fridays "in the mist" challenge. I'm still playing around with designs as I'm trying to nail down a design for my holiday cards (nothing like waiting until the last minute, right?), so I made a simple holiday card using embossed images along with a pale blue mist.

I stamped several of the snowflake images from Lawn Fawn's Frosties set on a white panel, then heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. Then, I worked kind of backwards. I took the embossed panel outside on a tray and sprayed it with some Summer Sky Fireworks shimmer spray. After drying the mist with my heat tool, I rubbed some Summer Sky ink over the panel, then added Bahama Blue along the edges, to bring out the embossed images. Probably should have done that first, but it worked out in the end. It's really pretty and shimmery IRL.

I cut the panel into two pieces and layered each piece on a darker blue mat, then on to a white card base, leaving an open space between the pieces. The center of each flake is dotted with a self-adhesive pearl for a touch of elegance. The "season's greetings" sentiment from the Paper Smooches Swanky Snowdudes set is stamped in the open space in blue ink. Since the sentiment was two separate stamps, it was easy to get it positioned just where I wanted it. The end result is another possible design to add to the mix . . .

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Lawn Fawn Frosties stamp set, Paper Smooches Swanky Snowdudes stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Summer Sky and Bahama Blue inks and Summer Sky Fireworks shimmer spray, Zva Creative self-adhesive pearls

other: Pacific Point and Whisper White cardstock, clear embossing powder (Stampin' Up!); Versamark ink

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Those pearl accents are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shimmery and color combo! Beautiful job you did with the misting! So glad that you play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the dark blue frame to these pretty snowflakes! With the pretty bling too - fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fresh and pretty! Awesome card. Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips