Sunday, December 11, 2011

Snow Days

Here’s my card for this year’s final Sketch for You to Try. I managed to get through all 12—and with plenty of time to spare before the December 24 deadline, too! Links to my cards for the rest of this year's sketches are found at the bottom of this post.

I used Snow Day, one of the new releases from The Cat’s Pajamas, along with the sketch, adjusted a little to fit the size and orientation of the image. I colored the bunny peeking out from behind the pile of snowballs with Copic markers and added a little sparkle to the snow using Dazzling Diamonds glitter.

The card's panels are made from both sides of a piece of Bo Bunny designer paper--the snow pattern for most of the cardfront and the dotted pattern for the circle behind the image panel. I added the snow day sentiment on a red tab slipped underneath the image panel. I'm hoping snow days are still a while away around here. The idea of shoveling out from underneath a blanket of snow doesn't appeal to me at all!

Materials Used:
Snow Days stamp set, Neenah white cardstock (The Cat’s Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Baja Breeze and Riding Hood Red cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (Bo Bunny); circle and scalloped circle dies (Spellbinders); pearls (Recollections)

Entries for past months:
January (2nd card in post)
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips