Tuesday, December 20, 2011

TCPTuesday190-Let's Take Off

It’s our last TCP Tuesday challenge of the year—can you believe it? We’re finishing off 2011 with a great sketch, courtesy of Leigh. Here’s my bright and colorful take on the sketch using the Clownin’ Around set.

I colored up the clown car with the penguin duo (I’m guessing they’re up to no good!) for my focal image. I added a few sparkly elements, then cut the car out and attached to it an oval panel with foam tape.

To represent all of those different notch-edged pieces in the sketch, I turned to my ribbon scraps. I mixed and matched a bunch of colors and widths to coordinate with the fun dotted paper panel I used at the top of the card. Ribbon scraps are one of Chloe the cutie puppy’s most favorite things in the world to steal (and there are a lot of things she likes to steal—in just the last week, that sneaky puppy has snagged a flash drive, socks, and a new package of straws for my reusable cold cup. . .), so I consider it a victory that I only lost one piece to her as I was assembling this card! The pieces are secured to the back of the matted paper panel. After wrapping some black baker’s twine around the panel, I attached it to the card, then added the image panel over top. The “let’s take off” sentiment, borrowed from the Wheel Love set, is stamped on tiny pieces of aqua cardstock and attached to the dotted paper panel.

I hope you’ll give the sketch a try. Add your finished project up to the guest book on Alma’s blog to be entered to win this week’s Cat Cash prize. With a new release (yes, another TCP release!) coming up in January, you’re going to want to have a little spending money in your wallet . . .

Materials Used:
Clownin’ Around and Wheel Love stamp sets, Neenah white cardstock, black baker’s twine (The Cat’s Pajamas); black ink (Marvy Matchables); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist and Smokey Shadow cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Poppy Parade cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin’ Up!); Lime Twist-Out of the Blue 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); ribbon scraps (assorted); Silver Fox Smooch (Clearsnap); Tiny Twinkle (Taylored Expressions); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Love all the bright and happy colors of this card. It just makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling image, Lori, and I love how you used the ribbons!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips