Thursday, February 9, 2012

I Love . . .

Here’s my card for the current Market Street Stamps Paint the Town color challenge. I tried to make a sort of Valentine’s Day card with the definitely not Valentine's Day like colors. Not sure I was completely successful in meeting that goal . . .

I made the sentiment the focus of my card, using a MSS set that Kate will soon be carrying at i {heart} papers called Simple Joys. I love the mix of fonts and words in this set! Here, I paired the “I love . . .” with the “our life” for my focal image. The words are stamped in Potter’s Clay ink on a white panel that I dirtied up a bit with some distress ink along the edges.

The rest of the card’s fairly simple. I paired two patterned papers that are a close match to the challenge colors along with a paper doily and layered the pieces on a gray card base. After wrapping some gray baker’s twine around the card, I layered the sentiment piece on top. At the end, I had a little scrap of the gold gingham pattern left over and sitting on my table, so to use it up, I folded it around the bottom of the card and secured it with a few staples.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Market Street Stamps Simple Joys stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Potter’s Clay ink, My Mind’s Eye Blink of an Eye 6x6 paper pad, Spellbinders circle and scalloped circle dies, Divine Twine oyster grey baker’s twine

other: Basic Gray and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger); paper doily (Wilton)

1 comment:

  1. Oooooohhh... LORI! This is SO pretty! Love the doily in the background framing the sentiment- great touch! Thanks for playing along with us this month!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips