Thursday, February 9, 2012

Love You To the Moon and Back

Here’s my card for this week’s Waltzingmouse sketch challenge. I went fun and whimsical for my version of the sketch and created a sweet child-friendly Valentine’s Day card with the Half-pint Heroes set.

I built my card on a navy circle covered with a slightly smaller navy circle with a dotted pattern. After stretching a piece of red grosgrain ribbon along the left side of the dotted circle, I added a die cut heart “moon” to the card. The heart is embossed with a dot pattern and sprayed with a little shimmer spritz for a subtle sparkle.

I stamped the set’s rocket ship image, complete with a smiling face peeking out of the window, colored it, and cut it out, then set it on the card with foam tape. I stamped “love you” on the heart in navy ink and finished the sentiment on a white notch-edged strip.

Materials Used:
Half-Pint Heroes stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black and Paris Dusk inks, Frost Shimmer Spritz (Tsukineko); Night of Navy and Crushed Curry cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Dark Denim Dot designer paper (BoBunny); circle and heart dies (Spellbinders); Polka Dot embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); red grosgrain ribbon (?); Silver Fox Smooch (Clearsnap); foam tape

6 comments:

  1. What a fun and cool take on the sketch! LOVE your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet design with the rocket and embossed heart! love the bright colors on this Lori - thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, this is so cute for a little kiddo Valentine's Day card. I love that it's still fits that lovey dovey theme, but is perfect for a little boy. I just might have to recreated one just like this for my son. He'd love this! Thanks for joining us this week at Waltzingmouse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so adorable...have a great weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet! I love this set and your little guy is super!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a creative sketch card, and it's adorable to boot! Just love the big yellow star and your sweet sentiments!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips