Saturday, February 4, 2012

It'll Be Okay

I’m so happy that the weekend’s here! It was fun to get away for a while to California, but it’s nice to be home, too. I’m exhausted from traveling across the country, then heading right back to work, so I’m looking forward to sleeping late and spending a quiet weekend with Chloe the cutie puppy. She’s been unusually calm and quiet since I’ve returned home, which I have appreciated in my very tired state, but I have a feeling that this is only temporary and she’ll be back to her old tricks before long . . .

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. Those corner pieces were a tough one for my spatially-challenged self, but after a few tries with some scrap paper, I think I came pretty close to how they were supposed to look. A little machine stitching around the panel's edges give it a nice, finished look.

I picked the Pure Innocence My Umbrella set as my focal image. To coordinate, I used some raindrop patterned paper to cover most of the cardfront. The girl’s raincoat is colored in yellow and her boots and umbrella are paper pieced in a fun red checked pattern. I know I’ve said it here before, but I totally want a pair of fun rainboots like these . . . I set the colored girlie on a blue panel with a die cut grass base, then attached her to the cardfront. I added a die cut felt cloud, slipped partway underneath the umbrella, as the embellishment at the top of the panel.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence My Umbrella stamp set, Die-namics cloud and grass dies (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Pear Pizzazz, Real Red, and Baja Breeze cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Quite Contrary 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); silver brads (Recollections); white felt; sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips