Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ahoy, Matey

Here’s my card for this week’s Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge. I went for a fun, whimsical look using the submarine image from the Half Pint Heroes set. I’ve inked up all the other vehicle images in this set, so I figured it was time I put the sub to use!

I colored the sub with Copic markers and added Glossy Accents over the windows for a glass-like look. After cutting the image out, I used foam tape to add it to a watery blue chevron patterned paper panel. The set’s “ahoy, matey” sentiment is stamped underneath the submarine. I stamped the set’s small fish image a few times on a scrap of paper and colored the images, then sprayed them with a little shimmer spray. After they dried, I cut the fish out and attached them randomly around the submarine.

I machine stitched around the edges of the image panel, then attached strips of orange grosgrain ribbon across the panel’s upper left and lower right corners. The panel’s attached to a green card base to coordinate with the color of the submarine.

Materials Used:
Half Pint Heroes stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Sparkle Shimmer Spritz (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Kiwi Kiss cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Splash 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); Glossy Accents (Ranger); orange grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); sewing machine; foam tape

9 comments:

  1. I adore this card! Love the whole scene ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Lori! love the fishies swimming around the nicely colored sub! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If there was a special DT assigned to this set, than you would be on it Lori! You make the sweetest projects with Halfpint Heroes! Love the choice of background paper and the little teeny fish!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too stinking cute! I don't have a submarine stamp...hmm....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too stinking cute! I don't have a submarine stamp...hmm....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too stinking cute! I don't have a submarine stamp...hmm....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori, this card is adorable! Everytime you use this stamp set, I always want to grab my set and start stamping with it! Love those little fishies!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips