Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Sky's the Limit

Here’s a quick card for this week’s SCS sketch challenge. It's also round two for me with this week's Color Throwdown colors--scroll down to the post below to see my original CTD post from earlier today or click here.

I used the kite from the Sunny Side Up set as my focal image. The kite’s paper pieced using two different pieces of patterned paper. A piece of dark brown burlap string serves as the kite’s string. I used some dimensional dots to attach it to a Baja Breeze panel stamped with the “the sky is the limit” sentiment in dark brown ink. For some texture and to balance out the panel, I added a fluffy felt cloud peeking out from underneath the kite.

The panels that run the length and width of the card are made from the same patterned papers that I used on the kite. To set them off a bit from the Baja Breeze card base, I layered each patterned paper piece on a coordinating strip of solid cardstock before putting them in place. The image panel sets on top of the card at just about the spot where the panels meet.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Sunny Side Up stamp set, Memento Rich Cocoa ink, My Mind’s Eye On the Bright Side-One and Miss Caroline-Dilly Dally 6x6 paper pads, Spellbinders circle dies, May Arts brown burlap string, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Chocolate Chip cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); CutUps Cloud Border die (The Cat's Pajamas); white felt

2 comments:

  1. This is so fun! Perfect sketch for this image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the felt cloud and that sweet kite!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips