Saturday, March 24, 2012

Big Impact

I’ve had a few requests to make teacher cards, so that was on my mind when I created this card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I thought the quote from the new Big Greetings set about making an impact on someone’s life would be a nice message to give to a teacher—I know it’s one I would have appreciated when I was working in a classroom.

To make it clear that this card was intended for a teacher, I used some school themed papers from October Afternoon’s Schoolhouse collection. I picked one with letters and one with manuscript lines along with a more neutral pattern and arranged them on a kraft panel. I stamped the sentiment on the lined paper, trying as best I could to line up the text with the lines. The sentiment is accented with a red bow. I layered the kraft panel on a red card base to tie all the pieces together.

Materials Used:
Big Greetings stamp set (My Favorite Things); Poppy Parade and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Schoolhouse designer papers (October Afternoon); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Bow Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips