Saturday, March 10, 2012

For the Boys

Here are my cards for this month’s first two Viva la Verve sketches. They're both on the boy-ish side with their blue color schemes.

This one’s a clean and simple version of the first week’s sketch. I love the fun mix of fonts in Verve's Words of Wisdom set, so I knew I wanted to use one of the set’s sentiments as the focal image on this card. I picked the sentiment about dreams then found a coordinating star patterned paper to use for the card. Once those choices were made, the card came together quickly.

I stamped the sentiment on a light blue panel in gray ink to match the gray stars in the star patterned paper. The sentiment is layered on a darker blue mat with a matching ribbon tab underneath it.

I used both sides of the star patterned paper for the panels on the cardfront, using the star pattern for the wider panel and the coordinating blue on blue dot pattern for the narrower one. The panels are set on a blue mat, then on a light blue card base. I attached the sentiment panel, overlapping both patterns, then added a sparkly silver star with foam tape as an embellishment. I think this one would make a nice masculine graduation card.

Materials Used:
Words of Wisdom stamp set (Verve Stamps); Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy cardstock, star punch (Stampin’ Up!); silver shimmer paper (Target); Lime Twist-Out of the Blue “Playful” Galaxy designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); Enchanted Evening grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); foam tape


Since I’ve had some requests for baby cards, I thought I’d make one using this month’s second sketch. I used the sweet Emery elephant for my focal image. Emery's colored with Copic markers and cut out, then set on a circular panel with foam tape.

I used both sides of a piece of designer paper for the panels on the cardfront. Each panel is layered on a piece of aqua cardstock, then set on the turquoise card base. I stamped the "a new little someone" sentiment from the Hope Blooms stamp set on an aqua notch-ended strip and added it to the cardfront with the end underneath the raised image. It's not a traditional baby color scheme, but I think the plaid and dotted patterns make it work.

I'm off to an appointment at the Genius Bar at the Apple Store for my iPad. The camera shutter is pretty much continually frozen shut and I figure I should get it checked out before the rush begins to get the new iPad 3's next week . . .

Materials Used:
Emery Plain Jane and Hope Blooms stamp sets (Verve Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Hip-Hooray "Boy" Charming designer paper (My Mind's Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips