Saturday, March 10, 2012

XOXO

This week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge was a real challenge for me. It was so much of a challenge that my first attempt ended up in the trash can and I moved to plan B. I’m much happier with this one—once I let go of making the trio of panels work with one character-type image, things worked out much better!

I re-shaped the trio of rectangular panels into a trio of tags. The tags are die cut from pink cardstock and paper pierced along the bottom to add interest. I cut a trio of white felt hearts using the Hearts Aplenty die and attached one heart to each tag. The tags are finished with tiny pieces of knotted pink grosgrain ribbon.

I used three different pink patterned papers for the different panels on the cardfront, playing around with the arrangement of the heart, dotted, and striped patterns until I came up with what you see here. The heart and striped patterned pieces are layered on coordinating pink mats, then set on a pink card base that matches the tags. I machine stitched around the edges of the striped panel to break up the patterns a bit. The “xoxo” sentiment from the Just My Type set is stamped on a little notch-edged strip and set at the bottom of the card.

Materials Used:
Just My Type stamp set, Hearts Aplenty Die-namics die (My Favorite Things); Bubblegum Pink cardstock (Gina K Designs); Pixie Pink cardstock, Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); Sweet Cakes 6x6 paper pad (Doodlebug Design); tag die (Sizzix); sewing machine; white felt

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips