Saturday, March 31, 2012

Puppy Love

Two years ago this week (can’t believe it’s been that long!), I brought a teeny, tiny Chloe the cutie puppy home with me. When I look at her now, it’s almost impossible to believe that she was once a 13 pound ball of fluff (even though she did have a hair cut after this photo--LOL!). She’s still just as much fun and brings just as much joy as she did when she first arrived. There’s never—and I mean never—a dull moment when she’s around! She’s such a social creature and the friendliest dog you’ll ever meet, maybe even too friendly sometimes, but I guess that's a good problem, right?

I couldn’t let the occasion pass without marking it with a puppy themed card, so I made this one for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge using the new Pure Innocence Puppy Love set.

I colored the image and paper pieced the dress with a dotted green on green pattern. The puppy is a sort of chocolate-y brown and has a purple collar, but if I were to be true to Chloe’s coloring, I would have gone more golden and used a pink collar (she wears one like this since she’s chewed off all of the identifying information on her dog tags multiple times . . .).

I used the same green patterned paper along with another coordinating pattern with larger dots for the panels on the cardfront. The image is set on an aqua panel using foam tape and accented with a lavender doily die cut placed behind it. I stamped the set’s “it’s puppy love” sentiment in purple ink on a white panel and set that across the cardfront.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Puppy Love stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black and Lilac Posies ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist, Lavender Moon, and Simply Chartreuse cardstock, Doily Details die (Papertrey Ink); Lime Twist-Happy Go Lucky 6x6 paper pad; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. AWE your card is very Adorable. I made a card last night using this image. I thought about paper piecing it but it looked a little tricky to. Congrats on your Amazing paper piecing of it!!!
    hugs,Heidi

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips