Sunday, April 15, 2012

Anniversary Wishes

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this pretty anniversary card here. The glittery image panel really caught my eye!

I recreated the glittered panel using the bird pair from the Waltzingmouse Stamps Nordic Spring set. I cut an oval from glittered cardstock, then stamped the image on the panel using Versafine black ink. Versafine's the darkest black ink I have and I had a feeling it might work on the glitter, which saved me the step of stamping on acetate and adding it over the glittered panel like in the original version.

I used two coordinating papers from October Afternoon's Farmhouse paper pad for the panels on my card. I went with a trendy yellow/gold and gray color scheme for the design instead of the original blue. The panels are accented with a strip of gray taffeta ribbon and a strip of tiny pearls. I stamped the "anniversary wishes" sentiment from the Frame It set on a cream panel and attached it at the bottom of the image panel, using a trio of tiny pearls along the left edge to anchor it.

Materials Used:
Nordic Spring and Frame It stamp sets (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Basic Gray and Very Vanilla cardstock, scallop edge punch, gray taffeta ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Versafine Onyx Black ink, Memento London Fog ink (Tsukineko); silver glitter paper, self-adhesive pearl strips (Recollections); Farmhouse 8x8 paper pad (October Afternoon); oval and scalloped oval dies (Spellbinders)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips