Monday, April 16, 2012

The Cream in my Coffee

This week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge was to use two colors that are opposite each other on the color wheel in your design. I paired my favorite complementary color combination--orange and turquoise blue--with this week's Retro Sketches sketch for this card.

I used the fun take out coffee cup from the Lil' Inker Designs Coffee Cozy set as my focal image, stamping the cup on kraft cardstock and the lid and cozy on white. I picked the chevron patterned cozy and stamped in in orange ink, then colored the open spaces with a turquoise marker to match my color scheme. After piecing the cup together, I used foam tape to set it on the white panel.

The panel's layered over a pair of turquoise strips I attached to the kraft card base--this layout's great for using up scraps! I stamped the set's "you're the cream in my coffee" sentiment on an orange strip and set it over the panels on the cardfront. A white button, tied with orange baker's twine, sits at the end of the sentiment strip.

Materials Used:
Coffee Cozy set (Lil' Inker Designs); Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Memento Tuxedo Black and Tangelo inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); orange baker's twine (Divine Twine); button (Michaels); foam tape

8 comments:

  1. Great card Lori, I love that coffee cup too. The sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm! I love coffee and your coffee cup looks great with the chevron pattern around it. So glad played along with us this week at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous design! The split panel behind the white is awesome and the color combo is one of my favs :) Glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, the colour combo is perfect. That little cup of joe is perfect. :)
    Thanks for playing along with us at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfection!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just adorable! Love the bright & bold design! Thank you so much for playing with us at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori, this is fun with a capital F!! Love that sweet coffee cup - must add that baby to my stash! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad that you did!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips