Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Little Sunshine

This week’s Our Craft Lounge challenge is a color challenge using kraft, buttercream, and peach. I made a simple card for the challenge using the Butterfly Kisses set.

For the focal image panel, I stamped the set’s text block image repeatedly in kraft colored ink on a kraft panel, completely covering it with text. After inking the panel’s edges with distress ink, I stamped the set’s dandelion image twice at the bottom edge of the panel using a cream pigment ink. The flowers stand out nicely against the kraft, but are still subtle.

I dug through my patterned paper stash for a while before finding a scrap of peach patterned paper to use along the right side of the card. I edged it with strips of peach and kraft cardstock before attaching it to a cream panel. The stamped panel is layered on top. I stamped one of the set’s sentiments on a peach cardstock strip in kraft ink and attached that to the left side of the card, overlapping the image panel. I used some more of the ribbon left over from our March May Arts ribbon feature to make a pretty double looped bow to accent the edge of the sentiment panel.

Be sure to check out all the challenge details on the OCL blog--one of this month's challenge participants will be randomly selected to win a $20 gift certificate from OCL.

Materials Used:
Butterfly Kisses stamp set (Our Craft Lounge); Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Vintage Cream and Kraft inks, Melon Berry cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Antique Linen distress ink (Ranger); Be Loved designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); 1/4" kraft silk ribbon (May Arts); Bow Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips