Friday, April 27, 2012

Blogger Challenge: Week 253

This week’s blogger challenge is to make your own background paper. This is something I used to do more often as a beginning stamper, but now that I have a big patterned paper collection, I don’t do as much. I used the number stamps from the Alpha Dots set from Clear and Simple Stamps to create a fun patterned paper to use on a birthday card.

The numbers are stamped in primary colors on a white panel. There’s a definite pattern to how I stamped, even though things didn’t line up exactly straight. I set the patterned panel on a blue mat and wrapped the pieces with red grosgrain ribbon before setting them on a red card base.

I die cut a circle from a piece of yellow paper and stamped a dotted outline along the edge of the circle, matching the dot pattern found on the numbers. The “look who is turning” sentiment from the Number Blocks set is stamped in red on the circle and finished off with a foam “4” sticker. I set the circle on the cardfront, cutting off the right edge so it was even with the blue panel.  I think that the bold primary color scheme paired with the texture of the foam number sticker  makes a fun child's birthday card.

For more ideas for making your own background paper, check out the link list below (link list will be added in the morning).  And, if you’d like to join the challenge, use the Linky Tools widget to add a direct link to your new project.

Materials Used:
Number Blocks, Alpha Dots, and Shapes: Circles stamp sets, Haute Red Couture, True Blue Fan, and Say Yellow to All Your Fans inks, Dare to Be a Diva Red, Your Style Blue Me Away, Say Yellow to All Your Fans, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Shapes: Circles die (Clear and Simple Stamps); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); foam number sticker (American Crafts)

9 comments:

  1. Love this card! I really struggle with making cards for kids, but those number stamps make it so easy to personalize a card just for them. Love the layout as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous use of those letters and I agree with Dana, this would be a perfect card for a child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great child's birthday card. You could use it for someone older too. You'd just need more numbers. lol I love the numbers background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well done! I tend to grab background papers rather than create my own too. Best wishes, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your background- it looks that some fun printed per. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful bright and funky card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card Lori, particularly your colour scheme. It must have taken your forever to create... fascinating how we all came up with something so different from each other, using the same 'brief' Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you did a fabulous job using the numbers to create your background paper. Great color scheme and a very cheery looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute number background - perfect for a child's birthday!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips