Saturday, April 28, 2012

Make the Grade

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I made another teacher card, this time using the Pure Innocence Emma and Her Backpack image.

Emma is colored with Copic markers and cut out. I added a clear crystal at the center of the flower in her hair for just a little bling. I mixed and matched a few different patterns from a Studio Calico paper pack for the card’s panels. I thought the ABC block pattern was perfect for a school-themed card—and that the star pattern was, too! The panels are arranged on a red card base. I stamped the “you make the grade” sentiment from another Pure Innocence set in red ink on a cream circle and added that to the cardfront. A piece of faux stitched red grosgrain ribbon makes a simple coordinating accent for the panel.

Materials Used: 
Pure Innocence Emma and Her Backpack and You Make the Grade stamp sets (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black and Lady Bug inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Real Red, Blushing Bride, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Hometown Summer 6x6 papers (Studio Calico); circle punches (EK Success); clear crystal (Recollections); red grosgrain ribbon (?); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips