Saturday, April 14, 2012

You're Appreciated

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. Like I said before, I’ve had requests for teacher thank you cards, so I inked up the new a la mode An Apple for Teacher set for my card.

I colored the teacher image with Copic markers to coordinate with the colors in the Cosmo Cricket Early Bird papers I used for the cardfront. I used a paper with a busier pattern to cover most of the cardfront. I picked one with a simpler, tone on tone pattern for the smaller panel and edged it with red scalloped strips along the top and bottom for contrast.

After layering the colored image on top of the patterned paper panels, I added a pair of silver brads next to the image as an accent. The set’s “you’re appreciated” sentiment is stamped on a circle panel and attached to the side of the image panel, overlapping on to the cardfront just a bit.

Materials Used:
a la modes An Apple for Teacher stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Pear Pizzazz and Poppy Parade cardstock, scallop edge punch (Stampin’ Up!); Early Bird 6x6 paper pad (Cosmo Cricket); circle punch (EK Success); silver brads (Recollections)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips