Saturday, May 12, 2012

Always in my Heart

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I used the sketch to make a Mother’s Day card to give to my mom tomorrow along with a gift that my sister and I got for her.

I used the Flapper Doodles mother and daughter pair as my focal image. I colored it with Copic markers, making matching red dresses for mother and daughter.

Since the image was so tall, I extended the card to an A2 size instead of making it a square. I used two patterned papers from a My Mind’s Eye paper pad for the panels on the card, matting each one and the image panel on red cardstock before adding them to the cardfront. I ran a piece of pink grosgrain ribbon across the cardfront and added a pink felt heart as an accent. A red button tied with twine that’s been sitting on my table for a while now was a perfect fit for the center of the heart. I stamped the “always in my heart” sentiment from one of the Pure Innocence sets on a scrap of pink cardstock and slipped it underneath the right edge of the image panel. It seemed like a nice sentiment for a Mother’s Day card, even though that wasn’t its original intent.

Materials Used: 
Flapper Doodle Hold Me Tight and Pure Innocence Apple for You stamp sets (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black and Rhubarb Stalk inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Blushing Bride and Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Love Me 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); pink grosgrain ribbon (Morex); pink felt heart (American Crafts); red button (Michaels); red baker’s twine (The Twinery)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips