Monday, May 7, 2012

Look Who's Turning 5

Here's my card for this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge to create a clean and simple birthday card in honor of the challenge's first birthday.  I made this birthday card using the current Clean and Simple Stamping sketch.  I knew the layout would be perfect for using Mint Motif's I've Got Your Number set from i {heart} papers.

I stamped one of the set's outline number images--the 5--on a scrap of white cardstock and colored it with several blue-green markers.  The number is cut out and set at the edge of a dotted paper panel with a dimensional dot or two.  I stamped the "look who's turning" sentiment on the panel next to the number. 

To match the pattern on the paper panel, I embossed a piece of aqua cardstock with a dotted embossing folder, then layered the patterned paper panel with the five over that. The panel is attached to a teal card base.  After I had everything put together, I felt like it needed something else, so I added a white button, tied with some twine, to the side of the five. The button carries on the card's dot theme and adds a little texture and dimension to the simple design.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papersMint Motif I've Got Your Number stamp set, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (BG10, BG11. BG13, BG15), Echo Park Dots & Stripes-Soda Fountain 6x6 paper pad, Lifestyle Crafts Polka Dots Pattern (small) embossing folder, Lawn Fawn natural hemp twine, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots


other:  Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); white button (Michaels)

7 comments:

  1. VERY nice! Lovely design and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fabulous! LOVE all the polka dots, and the monochromatic feel is perfect! Gorgeous card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card, Lori!! I LOVE the colors...the aqua color is so happy and the textures of your card are wonderful:)!! Thanks for celebrating with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely DARLING! I love this color with the button details, Lori! So glad that you join the birthday celebration with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You totally rocked monochromatic, Lori! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love this, Lori!! Every detail is just PERFECTION! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!! We're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips