Monday, May 7, 2012

CAS Chic

The theme for this week’s SCS clean and simple challenge is “chic.” When I think of chic, I think of fashion, so I turned to the fabulous dress form image from the Waltzingmouse Stamps So Lovely Set along with a trendy coral based color palette and a few other fun embellishments for my card.

I stamped the dress form on kraft cardstock and cut it out. It’s set over a pair of layered label dies at the bottom of a coral card base. I stamped the “you’re so fabby” sentiment from the Frame It set on a light pink notch edged strip and attached it to the label die cuts, slipping it underneath the dress form image. The sentiment is anchored with a coral button tied with a strip of matching coral satin ribbon. For a final chic and elegant touch, I added a pearl flourish extending from behind the dress form.

Materials Used:
So Lovely and Frame It stamp sets (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Coral Necklace ink, Coral Necklace cardstock, Coral Necklace button, Coral Necklace satin ribbon (Clear and Simple Stamps); Very Vanilla, Blushing Bride, and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Head over Heels Tiny Tablet (Lily Bee Design); Labels 4 dies (Spellbinders); pearl flourish (Recollections); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips