Tuesday, May 8, 2012

CSS Group Project: Masculine and Feminine

For this month’s group project, with Mother’s Day and Father’s Day just around the corner, the Clear and Simple Stamps design team is showing how you can use the same stamps to create both feminine and masculine projects. I used CSS’s new Mini Hexagons set to create a pair of cards for the challenge.

First up is the feminine one. I used emboss resist here along with some distress inks to create a pretty patterned panel for my cardfront. I stamped one of the hexagon images repeatedly in watermark ink on a white panel, then covered the hexagons with embossing powder. To help with lining up the images, I stamped just a few images at a time, then heat embossed them, then followed that same process until I’d filled the panel.

Once the panel was covered, I used a blending tool and two distress inks to add color to the panel. I set the colored panel on a Coral Necklace card base. The elegant “thank you” sentiment from the All Occasions 1 set is stamped on an I’m a Princess Pink strip in Coral Necklace ink and set on the panel with a big bow made from Coral Necklace satin ribbon.

And, here’s the masculine one. I used a different image from the Mini Hexagons set on this one, stamped repeatedly in True Blue Fan ink on a lighter Trendsetter Blue panel. I used the matching die from the Shapes:  Hexagons stamp and die set to cut out a pair of hexagons, then stamped the same grid patterned hexagon on the die cut pieces and used foam tape to add the pieces to the cardfront. The “you’re the best” sentiment from the All Occasions 1 set is stamped at the bottom of the panel and accented with a pair of silver brads.

Don’t miss what the rest of the CSS team has created for this month’s challenge. Here’s where to find them:
Lori—you’re here!
Jaclyn Miller
Kim Duran
Tracy Schultz
Dana Grothaus
Laurie Willison
Jennifer Rzasa
Laura Bassen
CSS Blog

Materials Used-Card 1: 
Mini Hexagons and All Occasions 1 stamp sets, Coral Necklace ink, Coral Necklace, I’m a Princess Pink, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Coral Necklace satin ribbon (Clear and Simple Stamps); Barn Door and Spun Sugar distress inks (Ranger); Versamark ink (Tsukineko); clear embossing powder (Stampin’ Up!); Bow Easy 

Materials Used-Card 2: 
 Mini Hexagons and All Occasions 1 stamp sets, True Blue Fan ink, True Blue Fan and Trendsetter Blue cardstock, Shapes: Hexagons die (Clear and Simple Stamps); silver brads (Recollections) foam tape

4 comments:

  1. I was laughing as I came to your blog - in my reader, the heading of your PINK card said CAS - Masculine. Not realizing there was more to the title, I was deeply intrigued! LOL!
    These are both great - I love the hexes and have ordered them - can't wait to get them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how some of the hexagons are popped up off the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hexagons here. Really loving the layout on your masculine card. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hexagons, especially in the masculine card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips