Sunday, May 13, 2012

Lighting It Up

Here’s my card for the current Paper Smooches Sparks “trend watch” challenge. I took my inspiration from the colors and light theme in the photo provided to create this simple card. 

Instead of using a sun as the focal image, I used a lightbulb. The bulb’s from the Perpetual Bliss set—I inked it up without the word “love” at the center. I shaded the edges of the image with Copic markers, then applied a layer of Glossy Accents over the colored image for a glass-like look. I stamped the image again on a white panel, then used a few yellow markers to make a light-like glow around the bulb. I used dimensional dots to attach the colored bulb inside the glow, then stamped the “you light up my life” sentiment from the Smoocheroos set underneath it in blue ink. The lightbulb panel is set on a turquoise strip accented with a turquoise and yellow notch-ended patterned paper strip. I added a white button tied with aqua baker’s twine as a whimsical accent at the side of the image panel.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Perpetual Bliss and Smoocheroos stamp sets, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Bahama Blue inks, Copic markers (B000, B0000, Y000, Y00, Y02, Y04, C-1, C-3), Jillibean Soup Neopolitan Bean Bisque 6x6 paper pad, Ranger Glossy Accents, Divine Twine aqua baker’s twine, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots


other:  Bashful Blue, Tempting Turquoise, and Daffodil Delight cardstock (Stampin' Up!)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips