Saturday, May 19, 2012

You're Too Sweet

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I used the sketch to make a sweet thank you card. I need to get a few in the mail for birthday gifts I’ve received . . .

I used the little girl from the Pure Innocence Lollypop set as my focal image. I colored the girl and her lollipop with Copic markers, then added a coating of Glossy Accents to the lollipop for a glazed look. The girl is set on a white panel with foam tape.

I used a pair of papers from a Simple Stories paper pad on the card behind her—a dotted one to cover most of the kraft cardfront and a diagonal striped one as an accent along the bottom of the card. The “you’re too sweet” sentiment is stamped in red ink on a section of a white die cut panel and layered on a red mat. The sentiment panel is set on a kraft panel wrapped with yellow baker’s twine.

Materials Used: 
Pure Innocence Lollypop stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black and Rhubarb Stalk inks (Tsukineko); markers, Gold Spica glitter pen (Copic); Crumb Cake, So Saffron and Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Happy Day 6x6 paper pad (Simple Stories); Labels 4 dies (Spellbinders); silver gel pen (Sakura); Glossy Accents (Ranger); yellow baker’s twine (The Twinery); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips