Thursday, June 28, 2012

TCP Tuesday 216-You Are in my Thoughts

This week’s TCP Tuesday challenge is an inspiration challenge based on this pretty photo collage created by Jen. I took my inspiration for this card from the photo’s colors and its flower filled vases.

I used this week’s sketch from I Spy Sketches as my starting point. I thought the sketch’s four panels would make a perfect framed window, so I used TCP’s CutUps Window die to create a simple white framed window. The window’s backed with a piece of blue dot embossed cardstock. I used the vase die that comes with the window set to cut a white vase to put inside my window frame. The stacked flower is made from several of the punched out pieces from the CutUps Lacy Floral Doily die. A single teeny tiny pearl at the center of the flower adds a little dimension.

To set the white window frame off from the white card base, I layered it over four layered squares made from kraft cardstock matted with blue to match the window. The “you are in my thoughts” sentiment from the Simply Said set is at the bottom of the card. Instead of using separate squares inside the long rectangular panel, I filled it with layered die cut pieces cut with the CutUps Circus Panels die.

Be sure to check out Alma’s blog for all the details on the challenge, including how you can play along to win this week’s Cat Cash prize.

Materials Used:
Simply Said stamp set, CutUps Window, Lacy Floral Doily, and Circus Panels dies (The Cat’s Pajamas); Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Crumb Cake, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Memento Toffee Crunch ink (Tsukineko); square punches (EK Success); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); self-adhesive pearl (Recollections); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips