Sunday, July 22, 2012

Just Plane Cute

The weekly sketch challenge at Paper Craft Planet is back!  This week's sketch comes from Wendy and has lots of possibilities.  I went clean and simple--and cute--for my version.

I just got the new Little Hot Rod set from Papertrey Ink and couldn't wait to try it out, so I inked it up for the sketch.  I used the oval panel to make a simple scene featuring the set's airplane image and a few die cut felt clouds.  The airplane image was easy to ink with two colors and it looks so cute like that!  I stamped the "you are just plane cute" sentiment as two lines instead of one so that it would fit on the panel.

I attached a strip of circle patterned paper to a blue card base, then added a piece of red stitched grosgrain ribbon along the center of the paper.  The image panel is set over that.  Once I had it in place, I attached a piece of crystal flourish behind the plane to make a fun trail.  I hope that doesn't totally ruin the little boy feel of my design!

You can check out all the details on the sketch here in the PCP sketch group.  When you upload your card to the PCP gallery, be sure to use the keyword sk072012 so we can check it out! 

Materials Used:
Little Hot Rod stamp set, Men of Life patterned paper, Little Hot Rod and Heart-2-Heart #6 dies (Papertrey Ink); Memento Lady Bug and Bahama Blue inks (Tsukineko); Pacific Point, Bashful Blue, and Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); oval dies (Spellbinders); clear crystal flourish (Recollections); red stitched grosgrain ribbon; white felt; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips