Saturday, September 8, 2012

Phoning It In

It seems like everyone has an iPhone these days. And, if you have an iPhone, you’ve got to have a cool case for it, right? To help you out, Clear and Simple Stamps is sharing a template that you can use to make your own custom designed insert for a clear iPhone case (like the "Incase" snap case or the "iLuv Sleek" hard shell case). You can download the template HERE. And, to help you get started on designing your own insert, a few of CSS’s designers are sharing ideas today for dressing up the insert template.

I have two samples to share, both inspired by the graphic design and bold colors of the iPhone gift card I have. I printed the image on CSS’s white cardstock and went to work with some of CSS’s background builder sets to make my own unique case inserts.

First up is the trendy chevron one. I used the chevron stamp from the Designer Lines set to stamp a rainbow array of chevrons. I started in the middle of the template with the red chevron, then stamped an orange chevron on each side of the red one. This reduced the number of times I had to clean the stamp between changing ink colors.

And, the second one features a fun graphic circle pattern. I stamped the overlapping open circle image from the Circles Plus set in blue ink on the template, then randomly filled in some of the circles with two shades of green ink and a light blue one (which doesn’t show well in the photos . . .). Once I was done stamping, I simply used scissors to cut the template out. I used a craft knife to make an x-shaped cut inside the oval cutout for the camera lens, then used my scissors to cut out the oval. With small shapes like that, I find that starting from the inside helps to make the cut edges cleaner.

Here’s where you can find the rest of the designers:
Stephany Zerbe
Dana Grothaus
Jennifer Rzasa
Jaclyn Miller
Denise January
Lori Tecler -- you're here!
Clear and Simple Stamps 

Materials Used: 
Chevron insert: Designer Lines stamp set, A Blanc Check cardstock, Dare to Be a Diva Red, Orange You Fabulous, Say Yellow to All Your Fans, Kraft Like a Rockstar Green, and Simply Blue-tiful inks Circle insert: Circles Plus stamp set, A Blanc Check cardstock, Simply Blue-tiful, Kraft Like a Rockstar Green, Green with Envy, and Trendsetter Blue inks

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips