Friday, January 11, 2013

Blogger Challenge: Week 290


This week’s blogger challenge theme is a color challenge. I’m a big fan of blues and greens, so I love the mix of colors Lisa’s come up with for this week. I used the colors for this fun, encouraging card.

As a long-time wearer of eyeglasses (but no more, thanks to the wonders of LASIK surgery!), I was immediately drawn to the eyeglasses themed Spectacular stamp set and matching dies from Taylored Expressions. Here, I used one of the die cut eyeglasses as my focal image for my card, based on this week’s sketch from Retro Sketches. I die cut the glasses from kraft cardstock, then added some acetate behind them to make clear lenses.

The glasses are attached to the cardfront with foam tape over a green gingham wonky rectangle. The rectangle is set off from the light green card base with a white mat. I adhered a strip of star patterned washi tape over the green panel, then added the glasses on top using foam tape. I stamped the “you’re out of sight” sentiment on a turquoise notch-ended strip and set that on top of the layered pieces to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Spectacular stamp set, Spectacles dies (Taylored Expressions); Spring Moss and Hawaiian Shores cardstock, Simply Chartreuse patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); wonky rectangle die (Spellbinders); star patterned tape (Freckled Fawn); acetate; foam tape

4 comments:

  1. I love all elements of this card. The sunglasses are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the colors, love the glasses with it and the use of the washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've used the wonky die on your card! Darling creation!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips