Friday, June 21, 2013

Sew Cute

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I paired the Pure Innocence Cute as a Button set with some older patterned paper scraps to put this one together.

The girl image is stamped on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers, then cut out. I used foam tape to adhere the image to a round panel. The panel is set on a green card base covered with a pair of patterned paper panels salvaged from scraps of an older My Mind’s Eye paper pad. The button patterned paper is perfect with this image! I didn’t have much of the green plaid paper left, but because it was mostly hidden by the image panel, I was able to make it work. The solid pink fishtail flag strip layered between the panels breaks up the patterns just a bit. I stamped the “sew cute” sentiment directly on the cardfront in black ink to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Cute as a Button stamp set, Die-namics Fishtail Flag Layers Stax die (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist and Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Lime Twist-Happy Go Lucky 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips