Saturday, August 31, 2013

What's Up?

Here’s my card for this week’s sketch at Freshly Made Sketches. The sketch's long panel was a perfect fit for the tall giraffe from the Avery Elle What's Up? stamp set.

I colored the giraffe image with Spectrum Noir markers, then layered the colored image on a pair of cardstock panels. The image panel is set on a piece of golden yellow patterned paper.

I used different sized fishtail flag dies to cut a trio of strips from different papers, mixing and matching solid and patterned papers to add interest.  The strips are tucked underneath the left edge of the image panel.  A twine-tied button is adhered over the fishtail flag strips as an accent.  To finish the card, I stamped the set's "what's up?" sentiment alongside the colored image.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Avery Elle What's Up? stamp set, Crafter’s Companion ultrasmooth white cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Spectrum Noir markers (GB1, GB2, GB4, GB5, GB6, TN3, TN6, TN7, CR1, CR2), Carta Bella Traditions 6x6 paper pad, Hemptique natural hemp twine

other:  So Saffron cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Simply Chartreuse and Kraft cardstock, Simply Chartreuse button (Papertrey Ink); Fishtail Flag Stax and Fishtail Flag Layers Stax dies (My Favorite Things)

4 comments:

  1. I agree, perfect image for that panel... just love the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! This is adorable! I love that image and it is so perfect for the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeek!!! I know what's up..! The cuteness !!!!
    Great long necked buddy --- giraffes are my fave amimal !!!
    Love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your FMS win, Lori! This card is just adorable. You would have been my pic too :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips