Friday, September 13, 2013

Hello Pumpkin

The new Reverse Confetti sets are just too cute! Kate has them in stock at i {heart} papers and I couldn’t resist picking up the Forever Fall set. I may be getting one or two more of the new sets soon . . .

Here’s my first card with the Forever Fall set. I used this month’s Sketch for You to Try as the basis for my design. I started off with a die cut kraft tag on a green gingham patterned paper panel. I topped the tag with an olive panel and some orange faux suede ribbon. Once I had those elements in place, I machine stitched along the edge of the faux suede ribbon with a zig zag stitch. The set’s “hello pumpkin” sentiment is stamped in olive ink on the olive panel.

 I stamped the pumpkin images on a scrap of white cardstock and cut them out, then used dimensional dots to attach them to the faux suede ribbon, hiding a spot where my sewing machine went momentarily crazy (I always have trouble with that zig zag stitch . . .). I added an orange baker's twine threaded orange button to the pumpkin as a fun accent.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Reverse Confetti Forever Fall stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Tangelo and Pistachio inks, Doodlebug Design Happy Harvest 6x6 paper pad, May Arts orange faux suede ribbon and orange pom pom trim, Divine Twine orange baker’s twine, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Simply Chartreuse and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Die-namics Traditional Tag Stax die (My Favorite Things)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips