Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Java Great Day

***Click HERE for my IHP/Paper Smooches special blog hop post.  Today is the last day to leave a comment to win a great prize!***

Here’s my card for this week’s sketch at Retro Sketches. With the holidays approaching pretty quickly, it’s nice to have a few cards on hand to use to tuck gift cards into—like this one!

Java Great Day Card and Gift Card Holder-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from Clear and Simple Stamps 

I used the to go cup from the Clear and Simple Stamps Morning Brew: Coffee set as my focal image. I colored the cup with Copic markers and cut it out. It’s attached to the snowflake patterned paper panel with foam tape. For steam, I added a taupe flourish extending up from behind the top of the cup image. The panel is adhered to a kraft card base over a strip of red cardstock. I had just enough room left at the bottom of the cardfront to stamp the “java great day” sentiment from the A Little Java set in red ink.

Java Great Day Card and Gift Card Holder-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from Clear and Simple Stamps

Take a look at what I did on the inside of the card. I used one of CSS’s Gift Card dies to make a slot to tuck a gift card inside. For a nice, finished look, I adhered strips of the same red cardstock and snowflake patterned paper as I used on the front of the card to the space beneath the die cut slot. The “treat yourself to something nice” sentiment from the Gifted set is stamped on the red cardstock. I used another of the Gift Card dies to make an insert card to tell the recipient the amount on the gift card. It fits just behind the gift card when it’s tucked into place. To hold the gift card securely, I simply added another kraft panel to the back of the card, being careful to only apply adhesive around the panel’s edges so that the gift card could slide in and out easily. I slid a gift card inside and the card and gift are good to go!

Materials Used:
A Little Java, Morning Brew: Coffee, and Gifted stamp sets, Dare to be a Diva Red, On the Catwalk Cream, and Perfect Little Black Dress inks, Dare to Be a Diva Red, Kraft Like a Rockstar, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Copic markers (R12, R14, R17, B0000), Gift Card dies (Clear and Simple Stamps); Season's Greetings 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); taupe pearl flourish (Michaels); sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips