Saturday, December 7, 2013

You Tickle My Fancy

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. This is actually my third version of the sketch—versions one and two went in the trash . . .

You Tickle My Fancy-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
After my two false starts, I ended up with a love themed design. The color scheme was driven by the diagonally striped patterned paper I used for the large panel on the cardfront. I matted the panel with coordinating gray cardstock and edged it with a bold red scallop edged strip before adhering it to the pink card base. I used the same color pink for the four solid squares arranged at the bottom of the striped panel.

I stamped the “you tickle my fancy” sentiment on a gray Fishtail Flag Stax strip and heat embossed it in white. It’s layered across the bottom of the cardfront, overlapping two of the cardstock squares. Instead of using a round element to anchor the sentiment strip, I die cut a feather shape from red cardstock and attached that to the end of the strip. A little black twine bow is adhered to the bottom of the feather with a teeny, tiny glue dot to add a little texture and dimension to the design.

Materials Used:
Right on Target stamp set, Bubblegum, Electric Red, and Steel Grey cardstock, Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax, and Feather and Arrow dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Luxe Wedding Dress ink (Tsukineko); Yours Truly 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); scallop edge punch (Stampin’ Up!); white embossing powder (Michaels); black twine (Hemptique)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips