Saturday, February 15, 2014

Sending Warm Thoughts

Here's my project for the last Papertrey Ink anniversary challenge.  I used the Warm Happiness Too set and one of the sketches from the previous day's challenge to make a card and matching envelope.

Sending Warm Thoughts-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Papertrey InkI used one of my favorite color combinations--aqua, red, and kraft--for my card.  The coffee mug was die cut from white cardstock, then stamped with the dotted image in aqua ink, followed by the outline in brown pigment ink.  I used foam tape to adhere the mug to a white panel stamped with the set's steam image in gray ink.

I adhered the image panel to a kraft card base, overlapping an aqua panel that I'd set on the cardfront on an angle.  Once the image panel was in place, I added the "sending you warm thoughts" sentiment beneath it on a red double ended banner die cut.

I kept things simple on the matching envelope.  I stamped the mug image along the bottom of the envelope three times using the same aqua and brown inks as I used on the card.  It dresses it up a bit, but still leaves room for addressing--and sending--the envelope!
 
Materials Used:
Warm Happiness Too stamp set, Aqua Mist and Kraft cardstock, Warm Happiness and Double Ended Banner dies (Papertrey Ink); Lake House pigment ink (WPlus9); Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa and Gray Flannel inks (Tsukineko); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Michaels); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips